I hope this isn't awkward...

Caution: the word awkward will be thoroughly abused and far too overused throughout this entire blog. Some parts may make you feel so awkward that you might just have to go into a far dark corner and try to think of something else. Some parts may make you laugh so hard you are afraid you might just pee yourself. But mostly, as is our goal of this blog, it will make you laugh a little and think, "I'm so glad this isn't me!" Because truthfully, we have some of the most awkward moments ever.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chalupa!

Chalupa, my friends! Yes, chalupa. I like to use this as my greeting, because it sounds so much like 'hola' or 'aloha' or some greeting like that and because it just works so well. Nothing too awkward here, mostly just a hello and here's me sort of thing. Now I'm a teenage blogger and I feel SO FAMOUS. And Callie's my BFF and we are so AWK. Since I really should be studying for all the tests and quizzes teachers like to give just before Thanksgiving break, I'll just tell my MLIAwk story and be gone.
Ps. MLIAwk = My Life Is Awkward
Pps. This is me. Being awkward.
So there I was, earlier today, taking a nice warm shower. Singing "Who Let the Dogs Out" by the Baha Men. Why? Because I was born in the 90's and it is really far too catchy. And as I turn to reach for my shampoo, what do I see other than a spider. Backstory: I'm terrified of spiders and this isn't the first time this has happened. So OF COURSE it is crawling it's way back up toward the vent in the ceiling and I'm to petrified to get out of the shower. And the monster had me pinned to the opposite side from the curtain, in a cliche horror-movie pinned-on-the-wall pose. As I tried not to freak out at what had just been inches from my face, I gathered myself. Bravery would be the only thing that pushed me from the wall, underneath the vent and the spider, and out of the shower. I wrapped the towel around myself, knowing that my family would be suspicious of my uber-short shower, for I had turned the water off. I stepped out into the hallway, in my towel, dripping wet. "Daddy! There's a spider in the bathrooooom!" Did I mention my grandparents were in town? Yep, everyone got a laugh out of my predicament. And so, my father heroically crushed and flushed the wretched creature into the toilet, and I was left to continue my shower in only minor fear. MLIAwk.

~Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment