I hope this isn't awkward...

Caution: the word awkward will be thoroughly abused and far too overused throughout this entire blog. Some parts may make you feel so awkward that you might just have to go into a far dark corner and try to think of something else. Some parts may make you laugh so hard you are afraid you might just pee yourself. But mostly, as is our goal of this blog, it will make you laugh a little and think, "I'm so glad this isn't me!" Because truthfully, we have some of the most awkward moments ever.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wiping out in the school hallway: Always Awk.

The title says it all, but really this needs a backstory.
SO, there I was, hanging out in the band hallway, waiting for a friend so I could take my awesome fake, lens-less hipster glasses back, when she gave them to my other friend, Kyle. (Shoutout to you, Kyle.) Naturally, he takes them, puts them on, and runs down the hallway to make his escape. So i chased him and grabbed onto his backpack handle so he wouldn't get away and I wouldn't lose my glasses. All of this lasted about 3 seconds, but it feels like so much longer. Anyway, he cuts around our group of friends and turns the corner to try and get in front of them. I, the determined being that I am, hold on to his backpack, even though I'm taking the sharp turn after he has and he's headed straight and I'm still turning. Shoutout to Emu boots, for this was made possible by you. My feet went out to try and grip on the floor and keep me going to get my glasses back, when all of a sudden I know my feet have gone too far out. Next thing I know, there's the loudest thunking sound and I'm on the hard school floor. My knees had hit the ground and I had just kept myself from completely faceplanting, but I still knew I had just wiped out in front of so many people. Classic. Classy. Klutzy. MILAwk

ps. I did get my glasses back.

No comments:

Post a Comment